MS in Games for Learning
Join our email list today to help you decide if our program in Games for Learning is right for you.
Learn to design the media and technology of the future! Our MS program in Games for Learning prepares professionals who can create, use, and evaluate digital games for the purpose of learning in formal and informal settings.
- Use evidence-based research to facilitate the design, development, implementation, and evaluation of programs that integrate games
- Study with faculty who are internationally renowned in both instructional design and the learning sciences
- Choose from several areas of study including game design, game development, and game research. Or customize your area of study under faculty supervision.
- Learn in our Media and Games Network (MAGNET) facilities at NYU’s Brooklyn campus. MAGNET is a ground-breaking collaborative project that brings together academic programs from across the university that all share an interest in technology and design.
- Participate in an optional internship, where you can apply your skills and knowledge in a broad variety of corporations, cultural institutions and not-for-profit organizations, and game design studios based in New York City
- Pursue your studies full or part time
- Prepare for a career as director of games for learning projects, learning game designer, game researcher, or program evaluator in private industry, university-based research centers, community agencies, not-for-profit organizations, and school systems.
We also offer these related degree programs:
- MA in Digital Media Design for Learning
- Post-Master's Advanced Certificate in Digital Media Design for Learning
- PhD in Educational Communication and Technology
Each year, we award several million dollars in tuition scholarships to Steinhardt master’s students across NYU Steinhardt, which are determined by merit and financial need. These scholarships, combined with loans and student employment, help both full- and part-time students afford the cost of a graduate education. Applicants who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents and who complete their Free Application for Student Aid on time will be considered for financial aid.
A multi-year funding package is offered to all full-time PhD students.
Take the Next Step
Join our mailing list to learn more.
- Ranked the #15 Best Graduate School in Education by U.S. News and World Report