The NYU Steinhardt Programs in Music Education and Music Technology in association with IMPACT Workshops presents the second IMPACT Interactive Conference August 3 - August 6, 2016 in New York City.
This conference will bring together school and community arts, media and music educators, university researchers, educators, and industry together for a 3-day series of interactive sessions, performances, and hands-on workshops.
All submissions will be reviewed by a panel of researchers and practitioners in education, the arts, and technology. Notifications will be made by April 15, 2016. Early submissions are encouraged.
Conference topics include, but are not limited to:
- Innovative Music, Arts, and Media Classroom Practices
- Presentations of Student Work
- Making and Tinkering with Pedagogies
- Informal and Community Arts Contexts
- Collaborative Media Arts Practices
- Creative Educational Technologies
- Digital Media for Learning
- Technology, Human Health, and Arts Therapies
Conference presentations take the form of 1 hour hands-on demo sessions and 2 hour interactive workshops.