Arrival and Departure
Participants are expected to arrive and depart on the following dates:
Arrival Date: Sunday, July 9, 2017
Departure Date: Saturday, July 22, 2017
Classes begin on Monday, July 10 and end on Friday, July 21. Class sessions are held Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 5:30 PM (with a break for lunch and other short breaks during the day.) Participants should plan to set some time aside each weekday evening for readings and/or other exercises related to the program.
Some evening and weekend events are planned and are included in the program cost. Leisure activities to sites and events in New York City will be organized for the group on free evenings and weekends.
Past activities have included:
- Dinner at scenic restaurants in New York City
- Circle Line Cruise - Cruise along Manhattan's scenic skyline
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Outdoor concert in Washington Square Park
- Dancing at Sounds of Brazil
A finalized schedule will be e-mailed to confirmed participants closer to the start of the Summer Institute.