Candidates for the 4-year IES-PIRT fellowship are not required to submit additional materials. We recommend, however, that you make clear your interest in the fellowship in your application to your prospective PhD departmant at NYU.
To apply for a 2-year fellowship beginning in academic year 2017-2018, candidates should submit the following materials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is Wednesday, March 22, at 5 PM.
- 1- to 3-page statement of interest. This statement will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- The extent to which the applicant makes a compelling case for his/her interest in education;
- The applicant’s plan to use quantitative methods that permit causal inference;
- The clarity and depth of the applicant’s interdisciplinary focus; and
- Dissertation plans that demonstrate pursuit of a question relevant to education policy or practice with methods that permit causal inference;
- Letter of recommendation from faculty advisor*;
- Curriculum vitae, including research experience, related experience in education, publications, honors, and/or awards;
- Writing sample; and
- GRE test scores and transcripts (this information will be verified by the department).
*The IES-PIRT Leadership Team will work with those accepted for a 2-year fellowship to identify an affiliated faculty member who will serve as research mentor in the completion of the research internship. The faculty advisor should indicate her or his willingness to serve as research mentor, if appropriate.
Applicants for 4-year fellowships will be notified by the end of February 2017.
Applicants for 2-year fellowships will be notified by mid-April 2017.
For more information, please contact email@example.com or 212-992-7695.