The Institute for Education and Social Policy conducts non-partisan scientific research about U.S. education and related social issues. Our research, policy studies, evaluations, seminar series, and technical assistance inform and support policy makers, educators, parents and others in their efforts to improve public schooling. More...
- High School Choice in New York City: A Report on the School Choices and Placements of Low-Achieving Students
- High Stakes in the Classroom, High Stakes on the Street: The Effects of Community Violence on Students’ Standardized Test Performance
- Unlocking New York City’s High School Progress Report
- Too Scared to Learn? The Academic Consequences of Feeling Unsafe at School
- Unequally Safe: The Race Gap in School Safety
News / Announcements
- Sean Corcoran's paper presented at the annual AEFP conference cited in EdWeek's "Disparities Found in N.Y.C.'s System for Matching Students to Schools"
- Sean Corcoran and Grace Pai unlock NYC's high school progress report
- Amy Ellen Schwartz, Director of IESP, recently testified at NYS Senate Committee on Social Services Public Hearing
- Inside NYU Steinhardt: Sean Corcoran Talks Teachers Union vs. New York City