Admissions and Financial Aid - Master's Program
For detailed information on application requirements and how to apply, see the NYU Steinhardt Graduate Application Guide for your degree of interest:
- MA in Sociology of Education: Education Policy
- MA in Sociology of Education: Social and Cultural Studies of Education
The Sociology of Education MA program admits students only for the Fall term each year. The application deadline is February 1.
Successful applicants for the MA program:
• have a strong record of academic achievement from their undergraduate college or university
• have often completed a minor or major in sociology or a related field (such as economics, history, psychology, gender or ethnic studies, political science, public policy, anthropology, urban studies, American studies, or education)
• demonstrate interest in education issues and the social and political context of schooling through prior study, volunteer activities, or work experience.
If you are a prospective international student, please see the Special Instructions for International Applicants.
Steinhardt offers many forms of financial aid for graduate study, including scholarships, loans, and payment plans.