Below are instructions for using the Prospective Student Inquiry Form.
- Go to the following Website:
- Enter your NetID and Password - this is the same information you use to login to NYUHome - then click OK.
(Forgot your NetID/Password? Visit http://start.nyu.edu)
- Input the required information for the prospective student. The required fields are:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Program of Interest
- Degree/Level of Study
- These are the only fields you need to enter. You can now hit the Save Inquiry button. However, if you have additional information about the student, you may enter it in the "Optional" fields below.
- If you want to enter the Source/Event information, please use the appropriate prefix/code. For Department's, you should type in the Departmental Prefixes, followed by a hyphen and the appropriate code. (A full list appears below)
We maintain a specific format for all of our Source/Event Description and Tracking Codes.
Type in a name of the Source/Event
For Department’s type in the Departmental Prefixes to be used as part of the Source/Event Description:
- Admin, Leadership & Technology: alt
- Applied Psychology: appsych
- Art: art
- Communicative Sciences and Disorders: csd
- Humanities & Social Sciences: humsocsci
- Media, Culture & Communication: mcc
- Music & Performing Arts Profs: music
- Nutrition, Food Studies & Pub Health: nutrition
- Occupational Therapy: ot
- Physical Therapy: pt
- Teaching & Learning: teachlearn
- Graduate Admissions: gradadm
Enter your Department Prefix, followed by a hyphen and the appropriate code:
- REC = Recruitment Event
- WLK = Walk-In
- PHN = Phone Call
- EML = Email
- INF = Information Session
- TIP = Gradsource Tracking Inquiry Program
- GGC=Graduate Guide.com
For Example in Source/Event Description:
a student who contacted the department by phone, enter:
appsych-PHN or alt-PHN
a student who contacted the department by email, enter:
teachlearn-EML or pt-EML
a student who stop by as a walk-in enter:
music-WLK or pt-WLK
If departments are consistent with inputting this information, we will be able to extract information from the database by Source/Event Description. In addition to this reports can be generated by academic/program of interest.
Inquiries from prospective students come in from a variety of sources including the website, the Office of Graduate Admissions, your departmental staff, GAs, etc. The real benefit of this system is that it keeps all of the inquiries in one place which allows you to track interest in your program and effectively communicate with your prospective students.
If you are interested in acceessing the inquiries for your program/department, please contact us at email@example.com. I'll come visit your office and show you how to download reports.
(Inquiry reports can no longer be emailed. You must download reports from our system. We apologize for any inconvenience).