I have been accepted into a graduate program for fall. How can I take a summer class and get a head start?

For most programs, this is a simple process. First, be sure that your program offers a course in the summer that you can take. If it does, then simply notify the Office of Graduate Admissions (fax, email or letter) that you would like to make the change (include your NYU ID number) and you will receive a new acceptance letter, showing a summer start, for your records. Then all you need to do is have your advisor clear you to register for summer and you are all set.