What is the difference between an M.A. and a M.F.A. degree?

The Dance Education Program offers a M.A. degree in Dance Education. M.A. degrees are scholarly-oriented degrees that prepare scholars for doctoral study and research inquiry. Scholarly degrees are terminated at the Ph.D. or Ed.D. level.

M.F.A.s are artistry-oriented degrees that aim toward preparing performers or choreographers for the professional field. Artistry-oriented study begins at the B.F.A. level and terminate at the M.F.A. level.