Gale and Ira Drukier Dean and Professor of Applied Psychology
Mary M. Brabeck, Ph.D., is Professor of Applied Psychology and the Gale and Ira Drukier Dean of the Steinhardt School of Culture, Education and Human Development. She is a fellow of APA and her research focuses on intellectual development, professional ethics, and inter-professional collaboration. She published Practicing Feminist Ethics in Psychology (2000, Washington DC: APA) and Meeting at the Hyphen: Schools-Universities-Professions in Collaboration for Student Achievement and Well Being (102nd Yearbook of the NSSE; 2003, Chicago: University of Chicago Press). She served on the APA Board of Educational Affairs, 2004-2007, was chair of the Task Force on Applications of Psychological Science to Teaching and Learning, and chair of the American Association of Colleges of Teacher Education 2004-05. Her awards include an honorary degree from St. Joseph University in Philadelphia, Outstanding Achievement Award from the University of Minnesota, Leadership Award from the American Psychological Association Committee on Women in Psychology, and the Kuhmerker Award from the Association for Moral Education. In Fall 2011, Dean Brabeck was appointed as a member of the Board of Governors of the New York Academy of Sciences.
Saint Cloud State University
University of Minnesota
University of Minnesota
- Inaugural Fellow, American Educational Research Association
- Honorary Degree, Hon. Causus, St. Joseph's University
- Outstanding Achievement Award, University of Minnesota.
- Distinguished Alumna, University of Minnesota, College of Education and Human Development.
- Alumni Achievement Award, University of St. Cloud
- APA Committee on Women in Psychology Leadership Award
- APA Presidential Citation for "promoting the applications of psychological science to teaching and learning."
- Who's Who in America
- Who's Who in American Education
- Honorary Member, Golden Key Honor Society
- Kuhmerker Award, Association for Moral Education
- Alpha Sigma Nu, Honorary Member, Jesuit Honor Society
- Brabeck, M. M., Walsh, M. E., Latta, R. (2003). Meeting at the hyphen: Schools-universities-professions-communities in collaboration for student achievement and well-being. One Hundred and Second Yearbook of the National Society for the Study of Education. (link)
- Brabeck, M. M. (Ed.) (2000) Practicing Feminist Ethics in Psychology. Division 35 (Psychology of Women) Book Series, American Psychological Association. (link)
- Brabeck, M. (Ed). (1989). Who Cares? Theory, Research and Educational Implications of the Ethic of Care. NY: Praeger. Abstracted in The Philosopher's Index and Bibliography of Philosophy . (link)