Clinical Assistant Professor of Physical Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Physical Therapy - DPT for Practitioners
- Physical Therapy -- Entry Level Doctor of Physical Therapy
Dr. Ann Goerdt is Clinical Assistant Professor of Physical Therapy in the Department at New York University. She followed up her BS in Physical Therapy from St. Louis University with an MA in Education and Anthropology and a PhD in International Community Health Education, both from New York University.
Before her current position at NYU, Dr. Goerdt held staff and supervisory positions in physical therapy departments in New York and Chicago, and conducted research on the social and cultural aspects of disability in Barbados, West Indies. In addition, she spent ten years as a staff member of the Rehabilitation Unit of the World Health Organization (WHO) in Geneva, Switzerland, working with developing countries and international organizations to strengthen rehabilitation services. She continues to be a Technical Advisor to WHO.
Dr. Goerdt’s areas of expertise are in geriatric physical therapy and international health and rehabilitation.
New York University
International Community Health Education
New York University
Education & Anthropology
St. Louis University
- 2005 : Certificate of Appreciation from Disability Forum, American Public Health Association
- 2005 : Who's Who in Medicine and Healthcare
- 2005 : Who's Who in International Medicine
- 1980 : National Institute of Mental Health National Research Service Award
- 1980 : Fulbright Grant for Graduate Study
- 1980 : Organization of American States Fellowship
- Goerdt A, Koplan JP, Robine JM, Thuriaux MC, van Ginneken JK. Non-fatal health outcomes: concepts, instruments and indicators. In Murray CJL and Lopez AD, eds. The Global Burden Of Disease: A Comprehensive Assessment of Mortality and Disability from Diseases, Injuries, Risk Factors in 1990 and Projected to 2020. Cambridge: Harvard University Press; 1996: Vol 1, Ch 1, 99-116.
- Goerdt A (1995). "Disability prevention and rehabilitation." World Health, WHO Sept-Oct: 4-5.
- Goerdt A (1995) Rehabilitating children with polio. World Health, WHO Jan-Feb: 20-21.
- Goerdt A (1989) A better chance for life. World Health, WHO Dec: 24-25.
- Helander E, Mendis P, Nelson G, Goerdt A (1989) Training in the community for people with disabilities. WHO, Geneva, Switzerland: 666 pages.
- Goerdt A (1986) Social integration of the physically disabled in Barbados. Social Science & Medicine, 22: 4: 459-466.
- Goerdt A. Relevance of the World Health Organization to Physical Therapy. NYU Student Conclave, New York NY, September 17, 2005. (INVITED)
Community-based rehabilitation International health and rehabilitation education Geriatric physical therapy Ethics and practice issues