Faculty Affairs

New Faculty: Visa Questions

For some new faculty, moving to New York means moving to a new country.  The Office of International Students and Scholars is here to help you.  Their website can be reached at www.nyu.edu/oiss/scholars.   At this site, you will find many questions answered about process and time frame for accomplishing what you need.

If you are not a permanent resident of the U.S., or you have any visa issues, do not contact the OISS first.  Rather, contact Sandy Hoe at (212) 998-5017 in our office as soon as you accept our offer.  Sandy acts as a liaison between the faculty members and the OISS.  As we may have to provide visa assistance to you in order for you to be able to work in our School, Sandy will talk with you first to decide which type of visa is the appropriate visa for you. She will work on the necessary paperwork, on behalf of our office, to initiate the visa process through the OISS.