Administration and Finance
Who To Contact For Help:
Best first contact... Your Department Administrator
After that... http://steinhardt.nyu.edu/adminfinance/
For Facilities & Technology Support Services issues:
Jeffrey Lane, Director
Phone: 212.998.5240; Email: email@example.com
David Wong, Assistant Director
Phone: 212.998.5074; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Financial Planning and Operations issues
Such as grant post-award, IDA, payments issues:
Faculty salary issues:
Anysia Maturine, Associate Director
Phone: 212.998.5087 Email: email@example.com
All other payroll issues:
Stewart Gonzales, Manager, Payroll/Human Resources Administration
Phone: 212.998.5088; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
IDA issues and approval of all IDA purchases and payments:
Ramie Johnson, IDA contact for faculty with last names beginning with A through L
Phone: 212.998.5147; Fax: 212.995.4820; Email: email@example.com
Jenny-Ann Roberts, IDA contact for faculty with last names beginning with M through Z
Phone: 212.998.5084; Fax: 212.995.3474; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grant Post-Award Administration:
Lillian Padilla, Manager, Reporting and Analysis
Phone: 212.998.5143; Email: email@example.com
For all Human Resources issues:
Roger Ho, Director
Phone: 212.998.5082; Fax: 212.995.4778; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For all GA/TA/RA issues:
Rosa Lin, Human Resources Administrator
Phone: 212-998-5816; Fax: 212.995.4778; Email: email@example.com
For Institutional Research information:
Judith Costello, Director
Phone: 212.998.5086; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
And always available...
Jeanette Marin-Thomas, Assistant to the Associate Dean
Phone: 212.998.5034; Email: email@example.com
Individual Development Accounts (IDA)
The NYU Steinhardt's Individual Development Account (IDA) program is designed to provide individualized, flexible funding for a wide variety of faculty needs ranging from equipment to travel to research assistance. For the 2008-09 year, the amount that each faculty member will receive is $2,000.
On our web page, http://steinhardt.nyu.edu/adminfinance/ida, you can view the answers to the most Frequently Asked Questions regarding IDAs:
- What do the initials "IDA" mean?
- On what can I spend my IDA funds?
- What is my annual allotment of IDA funds?
- What is the difference between an IDA Fund, a Steinhardt Full-Time Professional Development Fund, and a Research Start-Up Fund?
- How do I access my IDA funds?
- Should I use my IDA to pay for class or student related special activities that are not covered by my department's budget?
- Can I buy a computer, printer or peripherals and then be reimbursed?
- How do I use my IDA to make purchases at any of the NYU book or computer stores?
- Do I have to use my NYU Travel American Express Card for my IDA?
- On what basis are meal expenses incurred during travel reimbursed?
- What is the reimbursement rate for automobile mileage?
- Can I hire a student using my IDA monies?
- Can I hire a GA, TA or other fully funded (e.g., doctoral) student as an hourly student employee?
- Can I hire someone, pay them myself, and be reimbursed from my IDA?
- Can IDA funds be used to hire a consultant?
- What is the IDA account number to use on the forms?
- Who signs my requisitions when I spend IDA monies?
- How can I tell how much money I have left in my account?
- What should I do if I see a mistake on my IDA spreadsheet?
- Do my unused IDA monies rollover to the next academic year?
- Who can I contact with additional questions?
DOs and DON'Ts
- Contact us if you have any questions, concerns or are unsure about something.
- Help us understand your concerns and be explicit about what you want to do BEFORE purchasing, paying or hiring.
- Work closely with your department administrator who may often have the answer first!
- Take a look at the policies and guidelines available at www.steinhardt.nyu.edu/adminfinance
- Keep track of your original receipts and file them on a timely (within 30 days) basis.
- Review your IDA/special fund/grant budget reports on a monthly basis.
- Hire anyone without checking with our HR office FIRST!
- Whenever possible, pay or purchase something on your own - it is always better to let NYU do the purchasing/payment for you.
- Hold on to your receipts or wait until the last minute for payments.