Maris H. Krasnow
Clinical Associate Professor of Early Childhood Education
- Ed D Columbia University, Teachers College
- MA Columbia University, Teachers College
- BA Emerson College
- Teacher Development (pre-servive and in-service)
- Urban Education
- School Reform
- Special Education
- Crisis in Early Childhood
- Sobelman, M. and Krasnow, M.H. (2002). Inquiring into Teaching and Learning: Explorations and Discoveries for Prospective Teachers. Dubuque, Iowa: Kendall/Hunt Publishing Company.
- Rust, F., Ely, M., Krasnow, M. and Miller, L. (2001). "Professional Development of Change Agents: Swimming With and Against the Currents." In F. Rust and H. Freidus, (Eds.) Guiding School Change: The Role and Work of Change Agents. New York: Teachers College Press.
- Sobelman, M. with Bowman, E., Krasnow, M.H., Lewis, E., Pignatosi, F. and Schlechter, S.L. (1999). "Weaving A Richly Textured Course: The Changing Tapestry of Inquiries into Teaching and Learning" (Monograph). New York, New York: New York University, School of Education, Department of Teaching and Learning.
- Sobelman, M. and Krasnow, M. (2006). Inquiring into Teaching and Learning: Explorations and Discoveries for Propsective Teachers. Second Edition. Dubuque, Iowa: Kendall Hunt Publishing Company.
- "Reading, Writing, and Experiencing Autobiography in an Introductory Teacher Education Course": How autobiography influences an individual's perceptions of what it means to teach. Presented with Dr. Marilyn Sobelman at the Hawaii International Conference on Education, January 2005.
- "Taking Stock of the Block: New Dimensions in Preparing Early Childhood and Special Education Teachers to Work in Urban Settings": A model of NYU's dynamic state-of-the-art Undergraduate Dual Program in Early Childhood and Early Childhood Special Education in the Department of Teaching and Learning, Steinhardt School of Education. Kappa Delta Pi National Convocation, St. Louis, MO, November 2003.
- "Mapping Dimensions in Inclusive Urban Early Childhood Special Education Personnel Preparation": A presentation with Dr. Barbara Schwartz, New York University and Dr. Elizabeth Delaney, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL - comparing teacher preparation programs in special education with a focus on inclusion. Presentation, Division of Early Childhood Conference, Council for Exceptional Children, Washington, D.C., October 13, 2003.
- The Labors of Sisyphus: A Case Study of School Reform. A study of a New Visions Middle School in New York City presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Educational Research Association, New Orleans, April 2000.
- Wrestling with School Reform: Lessons from the Field. A paper describing the implementation phase of a New Visions Middle school in New York City presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Educational Research Association, Montreal, April 1999.
- Inquiries Into Teaching and Learning
- Learning and Experience in Family, School, and Community
- Instructional Strategies for Supporting Diverse Learners in Early Childhood Settings
- Integration Seminar in Early Childhood and Special Education
- New Student Seminar
- Supervised Student Teaching in Early Childhood and Special Education