Clinical Assistant Professor of Art and Art Education
Phone: (212) 998 5700
Ikuko Acosta, Ph.D., ATR-BC. Director of the Graduate Art Therapy Program, has extensive clinical experiences as an art therapist as well as an art therapy educator for the past twenty years. She has worked with a wide range of populations including geriatrics,adults, adolescents and children. She has lectured widely, and has presented workshops and inservices throughout the United States and other countries including Italy, Korea, Iceland, and Turkey. She has published articles in "American Journal of Art Therapy" and currently serves as an Educational Committee member at American art Therapy Associations, Inc.
- M.A. New York University, Art Therapy
- Ph.D. New York University, Arts and Humanities
- B.A. Rutgers University, Fine Arts
- New Directions in Art Therapy:
- Art Therapy in Non-Clinical Settings
- International Development of Art Therapy
- Rediscovering the Dynamic Properties Inherent in Art, American Journal of Art Therapy. Vol.39, February 2001.
- International Art Therapy Conference: Ikuko will lecture at the International Art Therapy Conference in Ankara, Turkey, in November, 2002, and at Wonkwang University, Republic of Korea, in March 2003.
- Art for Art Therapists
- Pictorial and Sculptural Analysis
- Art Therapy with Groups
- Art Therapy Thesis and Research
- Internship Supervision
- Supervision Techniques in Art Therapy