Doctoral Student Travel Fund
Review the application criteria listed below. Complete the Doctoral Student Fund Travel Application and have your advisor or Dissertation Committee Chair sign. Attach a one-paragraph abstract of the paper and correspondence indicating the acceptance of the paper by the conference and submit the form no later than four weeks prior to the conference date. If approval for funds is granted, you will be required to submit receipts for all expenses for which you are requesting reimbursement. Requests will be considered as funds are available, will be considered for documented expenses only, and will not exceed $500.00.
The Doctoral Student Travel Fund provides a maximum of $500.00 for expenses associated with presenting papers at scholarly and professional conferences. Reimbursement is limited to expenses for travel, food, lodging, and conference fees. NYUSteinhardt doctoral students who meet the criteria outlined below are encouraged to apply for funds by filling out and returning this form to the address above in accordance with the following deadlines: Spring semester – February 1st, Summer semester – May 1st, Fall semester – October 1st.
- Applicants must be fully matriculated doctoral students registered in The Steinhardt School of Culture, Education and Human Development
- The applicant's paper must be accepted for presentation at a scholarly or professional conference (attach a one-paragraph abstract of the paper and correspondence indicating the acceptance of the paper by the conference)
- The paper being presented must be related to the applicant's dissertation topic
- Approval from the dissertation committee chair is required
- Applicants may receive this award only twice as doctoral students in The Steinhardt School of Culture, Education and Human Development. Students may apply once prior to the approval of the dissertation proposal and once after the dissertation proposal has been approved.