This two-semester course sequence (CSCD-GE-2424 and CSCD-GE-2425 Honors Research: I and II) fosters the career development of graduate students who have an aptitude for research and provides a framework for faculty-mentored research. Students will apply for the honors sequence at the end of the spring semester and a decision to admit them into the honors courses will be made over the summer. Students will begin the sequence the following fall semester.
For the Honors Research Program, students develop and implement a research study, analyze the data, write a thesis, and present a talk or poster. Students who wish to complete the Honors Program should select "Option 2: Research option" as described on the Current Students tab.
Students interested in pursuing this option are responsible for contacting potential faculty mentors. The student and mentor will determine the scope and feasibility of the proposed project.
Application for Graduate Honors Research Program
Students will be selected based on competitive application for the course based on the following criteria:
- Participation in the course will be restricted to those who are chosen by the Student Progress Committee
- Completion of at least 30 credits or one year of graduate coursework at NYU
- Mean GPA of 3.75 or higher
Application: At the end of the spring semester, students should submit the following materials:
- One page personal statement
- Proposal for the research project
- Current transcript
- Recommendation from the faculty mentor