Gregory Wolniak oversees all aspects of CRHEO’s operations, including:
- Negotiating the Center’s priority agenda and its fiscal and human resources
- Cultivating funding lines through pursuing grants and contracts among center staff and in support of faculty affiliates.
- Forming partnerships with faculty and staff for the implementation of research studies
- Providing technical assistance to faculty and staff on issues of assessment, research design, and evaluation
- Establishing links with departments and centers at NYU and beyond to engage in collaborative research efforts
- Organizing and monitoring the Center’s work
- Providing periodic reports to Steinhardt faculty and administrators on the work of the Center
Laura Davis, PhD, Assistant Director
Laura Davis joined CRHEO in 2011 and currently serves as Assistant Director, overseeing flagship evaluation programs within Steinhardt and advancing the Center’s external research agenda. Her research focuses on teacher development and preservice preparation, issues of racial and cultural diversity in schools, and the production of educational inequality. Laura serves as a reviewer for the American Educational Research Journal (AERJ), as well as AERA’s Division K. She has taught graduate courses in teacher education at NYU and previously worked as a classroom teacher in Los Angeles. She received a BA from the University of Southern California, an MA in Education from Antioch University, and a PhD in Teaching and Learning from NYU Steinhardt.
Affiliates and Partners
NYU Faculty Affiliates
- Stella M. Flores, PhD, Associate Professor of Higher Education
- Frances K. Stage, PhD, Professor of Higher Education
Professional Field Affiliates
- Mathew J. Mayhew, PhD, William Ray and Marie Adamson Flesher Professor of Educational Administration, Higher Education and Student Affairs at The Ohio State University
- Casey E. George-Jackson, PhD, Assistant Professor of Higher Education Administration, University of Louisville
- Charles Lang, PhD, Visiting Assistant Professor, Teachers College, Columbia University
- Mark E. Engberg, PhD, Professor of Higher Education and International Higher Education, Loyola University Chicago
- Drew D. Allen, PhD, Associate Dean for Data Analysis and Operations at Princeton University
Drew is Associate Dean for Data Analysis and Operations in the Office of the Dean of the Faculty. In his role Drew supports key business processes, organizes and reports complex data in support of key processes, and provides the Dean's office and fellow University leaders with reports and analyses for institutional planning. Prior to his appointment at Princeton, Drew was at the City University of New York (CUNY), where he served as the Founding Director of the Office of Research, Evaluation and Program Support. Drew received his PhD in Higher and Postsecondary Education at NYU and holds a MA in Quantitative Methods in the Social Sciences from Columbia University. Drew's dissertation, Understanding Multiple Developmental Education Pathways for Underrepresented Student Populations, received much acclaim, including a $20,000 grant in 2014 from the Association for Institutional Research.