Transportation and Lodging
Travel from nearby airports
- JFK: The least expensive way of getting to NYU from JFK Airport is to take the New York Service Express Bus (http://www.nyairportservice.com) to the Port Authority at 8th Avenue and 42nd Street ($15), from which you must then take a taxi to Union Square at an additional cost of about $14. You may wish to take a taxi directly from the airport to your residence for a fixed fee of $45 (plus a minimum of a $5 tip and tolls) since it is the most expeditious way of traveling, especially if you have a lot of luggage. If you share the taxi with one or more companions, moreover, it is cheaper than the bus.
- LaGuardia: Should you arrive at LaGuardia Airport, you can either take a taxi from the airport (about $30) or the New York Service Express Bus to 8th Avenue and 42nd Street ($12) and then a taxi to Union Square.
- Newark: If you come into Newark Airport, do not take a taxi directly to Manhattan; the cost is prohibitively expensive. Take the Newark Liberty Airport Express Bus ($15) to the Port Authority in Manhattan and then take a taxi to 246 Greene Street; the cost of the taxi should be about $15. One of the other options that you may wish to take from any of the airports is the Super Shuttle, which will take you directly to 246 Greene Street at a cost of approximately $20.
- Many other travel options from the airports are listed on the following website: http://www.panynj.gov/airports.
- Hilton Hotel
39 Avenue of the Americas, New York, New York, USA 10013
Tel: 1-212-966-4091 Fax: 1-212-966-4092
- Off SoHo Suites Hotel
11 Rivington Street (Bowery and Chrystie Streets),
Economy rooms (sharing kitchen and bath with another room); suites. Euro-style suites between SoHo and the Lower East Side.
- Chelsea Hotel
222 West 23rd Street (Seventh and Eighth Avenues),
The storied bohemian landmark.
- Chelsea International Hostel
251 West 20th Street
New York, NY 10011
- American Dream Hostel
168 East 24th St # 1
New York, NY 10010