Drama Across the Curriculum and Beyond
This forum will aim to investigate the infusion of drama in education and in community settings. This forum will feature:
- Cecily O’Neill - International Authority on Drama in Education
- Carol Gilligan - Internationally Acclaimed psychologist and prolific writer
- Chris Vine - Artistic and Education Director of the Creative Arts Team (CAT) of CUNY
- Carole Miller -Associate Professorat University of Victoria
- Christine Warner - Associate Professor at The Ohio State University
- James Fraser - Professor at New York University
- Edie Demas - Education Director at the New Victory Theatre
Friday April 27: Welcome
Saturday April 28: Drama Across the Curriculum
Sunday April 29: And Beyond
Call for Proposals:
The forum seeks proposals that aim to address the following questions:
- What research supports the potential of drama as a learning medium?
- How does drama make connections across curricular content areas and beyond schools?
- How does drama contribute to life long learning?
- What role does drama play in community agencies?
View proposal submission details (deadline March 15, 2007).
$100 (this includes workshops and performances)
The 2007 Forum planning committee includes:
Philip Taylor, Desiree Hamburger, David Montgomery, Dani Snyder, Amy Cordileone, Selena Burns, Dana Edell, Edie Demas, and Cecily O’Neill
NYUSteinhardt, Department of Music and Performing Arts Professions and the Program in Educational Theatre (Director: Philip Taylor, Ph.D.)
Drama Education Pioneer Dorothy Heathcote returns to NYU July 30 to August 3, 2007! If you are interested in taking her masterclass entitled Teaching through Drama, please contact David Montgomery at email@example.com