PR and News Team
Steinhardt's public relations and news team provides coverage of the school's events -- from its lectures and performances to its graduation ceremonies. Working with faculty members, press, students, and outside agencies, team members shape the news and share it with internal and external audiences, including social media sites. NYU Steinhardt publishes an online blog, a print newsletter, and a regular eNews. Press releases, news stories, and announcements also appear on NYU's news site. Members of the Steinhardt community and the press are invited to contact us below.
Publications and Creative Projects Director
Office: Pless Hall, 3rd Floor
Phone: 212 998 5289
- Documents the life of the Steinhardt School by creating news stories, announcements, and profiles for Steinhardt's publications.
- Editor and lead writer for Steinhardt's eNews, print publications, and At a Glance blog.
- Lead writer for school-wide brochures.
- Provides images of Steinhardt events for the media and for use on Steinhardt's news blogs
Public Affairs Officer
- All Education Departments, All Human Development Departments, and the Department of Media, Culture, and Communication
- Research Centers and Institutes
Office: 25 West 4th Street, 5th floor
Phone: 212 998 6797
Public Affairs Officer
- Departments of Art and Art Professions and Music and Performing Arts Professions
Office: 25 West 4th Street, 5th Floor
Phone: 212 998 6796
Our public affairs officers:
- Promote the Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development through proactive and reactive media outreach and placement in traditional, online, social and broadcast media outlets
- Serve as the first point of contact for external media, coordinating interviews, where appropriate, with relevant faculty based on incoming press inquiries
- Work with deans, department chairs, and center and institute directors to create and implement strategic communications plans
- Identify, pitch, and promote newsworthy stories
- Manage publicity of special projects, major programs, school initiatives, and events
- Oversee online newsroom (press releases, experts, video commentary)
- Provide content for various communications channels including NYU Magazine, NYU Research Digest, NYU Arts Digest, NYU Minute, Steinhardt At A Glance, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Manage communication planning calendar to track events, research findings, announcements, and additional Steinhardt news