PR and News Team
Steinhardt's public relations and news team provides coverage of the school's events -- from its lectures and performances to its graduation ceremonies. Working with faculty members, press, students, and outside agencies, team members shape the news and share it with internal and external audiences, including social media sites. NYU Steinhardt publishes an online blog, a print newsletter, and a regular eNews. Press releases, news stories, and announcements also appear on NYU's news site. Members of the Steinhardt community and the press are invited to contact us below.
Publications and Creative Projects Director
Office: Pless Hall, 5th Floor
Phone: 212 998 5289
- Documents the life of the Steinhardt School by creating news stories, announcements, and profiles for Steinhardt's publications.
- Editor and lead writer for Steinhardt's eNews, print publications, and At a Glance blog.
- Lead writer for school-wide brochures.
- Provides images of Steinhardt events for the media and for use on Steinhardt's news blogs
Public Affairs Officer
Office: 25 West 4th Street, 5th floor
Phone: 212 998 6797
- Promotes the Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development through proactive and reactive media outreach and placement in traditional, online, social and broadcast media outlets
- Serves as the first point of contact for external media, coordinating interviews with relevant faculty based on press inquiries
- Works with deans, department chairs, and center and institute directors to create and implement strategic communications plans
- Identifies, pitches, and promotes newsworthy stories
- Manage publicity of special projects, major programs, school initiatives, and events
- Oversees online newsroom
- Provides content for various communications channels including NYU Magazine, NYU Research Digest, NYU Arts Digest, NYU Minute, Steinhardt At A Glance, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter