Applying to the Developmental Psychology Program
- BA degree and/or MA in Psychology, Human Development, or a related field;
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE);
- Official transcripts sent from each college you attended;
- An admissions application from NYU's Steinhardt School of Education;
- Statement of Purpose, including research interests, and description of future goals;
- Applicants should have at least one year of supervised research experience focusing on infants, children, adolescents, or young adults.
The Doctor of Philosophy program in Developmental Psychology offers admission once a year. For best consideration, application materials must be submitted to the Office of Graduate Admissions by December 1 (Fall admission only).
*Please note that February 10, 2017, is the date for admissions interviews for prospective doctoral students for the programs in Counseling Psychology, Developmental Psychology, and Psychology and Social Intervention. Applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted by a department representative in advance of that date.
For more application requirements, deadlines, and detailed information on how to apply visit the Ph.D. in Developmental Psychology Graduate Application Guide.
For specific questions about the Developmental Program and the application process, please contact doctoral student Yana Kuchirko.
- About our doctoral funding package.
- Read our 2015-2017 Graduate Bulletin to get a more detailed overview of the graduate programs in the department
- To receive additional information about one of our programs, please use our online signup form
If you have more questions, please contact Graduate Admissions to request additional information.