How to Apply
Applicants for the Certificate program in Digital Media Design for Learning must have:
- A Bachelor's and Master's degree in any field from an accredited institution of higher education;
Applicants for the Certificate program should have:
- A minimum cumulative grade credit average of 3.0 for the Master's degree;
- Prior professional or academic training in related fields such as education, psychology, media, communications, computer science, or design;
- Basic or, preferably, intermediate skills in technology, e.g., computer-based multimedia, web, or productivity tools; video;
- Applicants whose first language is not English are required to take one of the following English proficiency exams and submit the scores: TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE Academic. See more information on English proficiency testing.
Applications to the Advanced Certificate program in Digital Media Design for Learning are accepted twice yearly. The deadline for materials requested below is February 1 for fall semester matriculation (with the option to begin in summer session); late applications may be reviewed and considered for admission, however, consideration for scholarships and on-campus housing will be limited. The deadline for materials requested below is October 1 for spring semester matriculation.
For more information, see the Steinhardt Graduate Admissions Guide and the FAQs in the menu at left.