About the Programs
NYU Steinhardt’s graduate programs in Educational Communication and Technology prepare you prepare you to create, use, and evaluate media and technology for learning and social change- from software and websites, to games, video and mobile applications. We offer master’s programs in Digital Media Design for Learning and Games for Learning; a post-master’s advanced certificate in Digital Media Design for Learning; and PhD in Educational Communication and Technology.
In their program of study, students learn about cutting-edge research from the cognitive and learning sciences as well as how to design digital learning tools for varied contexts—K–12 schools, universities, workplaces, museums, nonprofits, and international development. Our programs are unique in their focus across broad learning contexts and in the linkage between design and research (including our studio-based learning approach).
Program News and Events
- A Look at the Spellings Report Ten Years Later
- Study Finds Students in Ohio’s Online Charter Schools Perform Worse Than Peers in Traditional Schools
- Augmented Reality Contributes to Museum Learning
- NYU Steinhardt Edtech Accelerator Powered by StartEd Announces 2016 Cohort of Edtech Startups
- NYU Steinhardt and StartEd to Host NY Edtech Week at NYU
- Books from Our Faculty: The Digital Difference by W. Russell Neuman