About the Department
The Department of Administration, Leadership, and Technology (ALT) prepares leaders, multimedia specialists, researchers, teaching faculty, and trainers for schools, colleges, nonprofit agencies, and business settings. Our programs lead to master’s and doctoral degrees and the Certificate of Advanced Study. Courses of study address the needs of the increasingly diverse clientele served by urban institutions. Our students acquire knowledge and expertise to be effective leaders in a variety of educational settings. They think critically about how organizations function. They learn to identify the needs of the individuals they will serve. They develop technological competence and appropriate research and evaluation skills to promote equitable, humane, and effective educational practice in their chosen fields.
- Research by Steinhardt Faculty Member Shows How Technology Supports Teachers in Curriculum Design
- New Report Explores the Use of Digital Games in the Classroom During the Learning Process
- The Changing Landscape of American Higher Education Is Topic of Lecture Sponsored by Steinhart Institute for Higher Education Policy
- On Racism and Diversity in Higher Education: An Interview With Faculty Member Michael Sean Funk
- Top National Education Figure Martha Kanter Joins NYU Steinhardt as Distinguished Visiting Professor