About the Department
The Department of Administration, Leadership, and Technology (ALT) prepares leaders, multimedia specialists, researchers, teaching faculty, and trainers for schools, colleges, nonprofit agencies, and business settings. Our programs lead to master’s and doctoral degrees and the Certificate of Advanced Study. Courses of study address the needs of the increasingly diverse clientele served by urban institutions. Our students acquire knowledge and expertise to be effective leaders in a variety of educational settings. They think critically about how organizations function. They learn to identify the needs of the individuals they will serve. They develop technological competence and appropriate research and evaluation skills to promote equitable, humane, and effective educational practice in their chosen fields.
News and Announcements
- Study Focuses on Religious and Spiritual Involvement of LGBT Undergrads
- Steinhardt Study: How Students of Different Backgrounds Use Strategies to Strengthen College Applications
- Postdoctoral Research Associate Position with IDEALS
- 18 Leading Higher Education Research Centers and Institutes Call for Knowledge on Campus Shootings
- Martha Kanter Joins Honorary Chair and Vice Chair, Dr. Jill Biden and Gov. Jim Geringer, in Campaign for Tuition-Free Community College