About the Department
The Department of Administration, Leadership, and Technology prepares leaders, multimedia specialists, researchers, teaching faculty, and trainers for schools, colleges, nonprofit agencies, and business settings. Our programs lead to master’s and doctoral degrees and the Certificate of Advanced Study. Courses of study address the needs of the increasingly diverse clientele served by urban institutions. Our students acquire knowledge and expertise to be effective leaders in a variety of educational settings. They think critically about how organizations function. They learn to identify the needs of the individuals they will serve. They develop technological competence and appropriate research and evaluation skills to promote equitable, humane, and effective educational practice in their chosen fields.
- Top National Education Figure Martha Kanter Joins NYU Steinhardt as Distinguished Visiting Professor
- The Role Foundations Play in Higher Education Reform Is Topic of Steinhardt Institute for Higher Education Policy Forum
- Educational Video Games Can Boost Motivation to Learn, NYU Steinhardt, CUNY Study Shows
- Steinhardt Launches Innovative Games For Learning Degree
- NYU Steinhardt and Indiana University Team Up to Explore “Lifewide Learning” Phenomenon of New York City Children