About the Department
The Department of Administration, Leadership, and Technology (ALT) prepares leaders, multimedia specialists, researchers, teaching faculty, and trainers for schools, colleges, nonprofit agencies, and business settings. Our programs lead to master’s and doctoral degrees and the Certificate of Advanced Study. Courses of study address the needs of the increasingly diverse clientele served by urban institutions. Our students acquire knowledge and expertise to be effective leaders in a variety of educational settings. They think critically about how organizations function. They learn to identify the needs of the individuals they will serve. They develop technological competence and appropriate research and evaluation skills to promote equitable, humane, and effective educational practice in their chosen fields.
News and Announcements
- NYU Steinhardt Edtech Accelerator Powered by StartEd Announces 2016 Cohort of Edtech Startups
- NYU Steinhardt and StartEd to Host NY Edtech Week at NYU
- Books from Our Faculty: Bridget O'Connor, Professor of Higher Education and Business Education, has co-edited a 4-volume set Learning and Teaching in Higher Education.
- Higher Ed Graduate Kevin McEvoy (PhD '10) Wins Stamford Faculty Recognition Award
- Multiple positive signs for African higher education