About the Department
The Department of Administration, Leadership, and Technology (ALT) prepares leaders, multimedia specialists, researchers, teaching faculty, and trainers for schools, colleges, nonprofit agencies, and business settings. Our programs lead to master’s and doctoral degrees and the Certificate of Advanced Study. Courses of study address the needs of the increasingly diverse clientele served by urban institutions. Our students acquire knowledge and expertise to be effective leaders in a variety of educational settings. They think critically about how organizations function. They learn to identify the needs of the individuals they will serve. They develop technological competence and appropriate research and evaluation skills to promote equitable, humane, and effective educational practice in their chosen fields.
News and Announcements
- Peace Corps and NYU Partner on New Paul D. Coverdell Fellows Program
- Led by Matthew Mayhew, Longitudinal Survey Will Look at Students’ Attitudes on Faith and Diversity
- Study by Doctoral Student Drew Allen Evaluates Remedial Pathways for Community College Students
- College as the Great Intervention: An Interview with Matthew Mayhew
- Stella Flores, Higher Education Scholar, to Join NYU Steinhardt