About the Department
The Department of Administration, Leadership, and Technology prepares leaders, multimedia specialists, researchers, teaching faculty, and trainers for schools, colleges, nonprofit agencies, and business settings. Our programs lead to master’s and doctoral degrees and the Certificate of Advanced Study. Courses of study address the needs of the increasingly diverse clientele served by urban institutions. Our students acquire knowledge and expertise to be effective leaders in a variety of educational settings. They think critically about how organizations function. They learn to identify the needs of the individuals they will serve. They develop technological competence and appropriate research and evaluation skills to promote equitable, humane, and effective educational practice in their chosen fields.
- Steinhardt is Part of NYU’s New Media and Games Network (MAGNET)
- Teboho Moja and Randolph Mowry Receive Steinhardt’s Clinical Faculty Fellowship
- Catherine Gurriero, Adjunct Professor, Receives NYU’s Martin Luther King Faculty Award
- Jan L. Plass Receives $173,000 Grant to Study How Badges and Trophies Influence Learning
- In the News: The Steinhardt Institute for Higher Education Policy’s Online Learning Forum