About the Department
The Department of Administration, Leadership, and Technology (ALT) prepares leaders, multimedia specialists, researchers, teaching faculty, and trainers for schools, colleges, nonprofit agencies, and business settings. Our programs lead to master’s and doctoral degrees and the Certificate of Advanced Study. Courses of study address the needs of the increasingly diverse clientele served by urban institutions. Our students acquire knowledge and expertise to be effective leaders in a variety of educational settings. They think critically about how organizations function. They learn to identify the needs of the individuals they will serve. They develop technological competence and appropriate research and evaluation skills to promote equitable, humane, and effective educational practice in their chosen fields.
News and Announcements
- Books from Our Faculty: The Digital Difference by W. Russell Neuman
- State of Our Nation’s Youth Survey, led by Gregory Wolniak, Reveals Optimism Among Youth
- Do Online Charter Schools Work? Study by June Ahn Looks at Ohio’s E-Schools
- NYU Steinhardt and StartEd Launch NY Edtech Accelerator and Incubator
- ECT Spring 2016 Design Expo