Graduate Student Advisement

Graduate Transfer Credit

Transfer credit may be accepted for a maximum of 30 % of a student’s total graduate program (note: this total includes any advanced standing previously approved upon initial matriculation). Please also note that a minimum of 24 credits must be completed in residence with a minimum of 18 credits at the 2000 level or above for master’s students and all 24 credits at the 2000 level or above for certificate students. Transfer credit may only be accepted from accredited colleges and universities. Course work may not have been applied to another degree and must have been completed within the last ten years with a grade of B or better. The form to request graduate transfer credit should be signed by the academic advisor and filed with the Office of Graduate Studies.