Purchasing & IDA Guidelines for Faculty to Keep in Mind
- Ask before you spend. Your department administrator knows all and is happy to help. If you have additional questions, Administration & Finance staff is always available to you. Contact Ramie Johnson (email@example.com) at 212 998 5147 or Jenny-Ann Roberts (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 212 998 5084.
- IDA is used for a faculty member's professional development only. Items such as furniture or purchases on behalf of someone else are not permitted.
- Individuals cannot be paid out-of-pocket for services rendered. Please use the Payment to Individuals form for this expense if the individual is not on NYU payroll. If they are on NYU payroll, they MUST be paid via payroll incurring an additional fringe charge.
- NYU policy states that reimbursement of expenses should be done in a timely manner. This means that no more than 30 days after the purchase of an item or the return from a trip should expenses be reconciled.
- When purchasing items over $150, sales tax is not reimbursable. When purchasing items over $1,000, use the e-Req / i-Buy purchasing system. If the item you wish to purchase is not available through e-Req / i-Buy, you will need approval from both Administration & Finance and Purchasing Services in order to be reimbursed.