Welcome to the Steinhardt Office of Academic Affairs
Situated at the nexus of the Steinhardt School’s academic life, the Office of Academic Affairs is responsible for supporting the work of the faculty, administration and staff by providing guidance and resources for academic initiatives. The Office upholds the standards, policies and procedures established by the faculty and administration in overseeing all aspects of the curriculum, including program and course development as well as accreditation self study reports and student learning outcomes assessment.
The key functions of the Office are divided among curriculum development, accreditation, and student learning outcomes assessment.
- Oversees needs-assessment and market research for the development of new and/or revised programs
- Directs the vetting of new courses and program proposals within as well as outside of the School and University
- Supports and helps formulate strategic planning initiatives in partnership with faculty and administration
- Liaisons with the New York State Education Department for the registration of all new and revised programs
- Offers comprehensive support and guidance for accreditation self study reports as well as compliance with regulatory requirements
- Oversees the project management of accreditation self-study reports and provides faculty with support for data collection and management, site visit logistics, as well as review and vetting of self-study reports
- Serves as a liaison to accrediting bodies
- Provides direct support to faculty in the design of outcomes-based curriculum, as well as the development and implementation of assessment plans
- Applies assessment data for evidence-based curriculum improvement
Questions may be directed to:
Heather Herrera Ph.D.
Director of Academic Affairs
82 Pless Hall, 5th floor